Rooster has clear watery diarrhea for a week now..

shannon84

Songster
Jun 1, 2016
Indiana
my rooster has had this for a week now. Its like clear water. How can I treat it? Thanks... he is around 3 years old

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
How is he acting? Is he alert or moving about normally? With summer heat chickens are usually drinking more water, and will tend to have more watery poops. What does he eat, and does his feed contain probiotics? How does his crop feel—empty and flat, full, puffy, doughy, or firm? Does it empty by morning? You could offer him a tablespoonful of cottage cheese for a few days, and that may help firm up poops. Have you wormed him lately? Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are excellent wormers.

shannon84

Songster
Jun 1, 2016
Indiana
How is he acting? Is he alert or moving about normally? With summer heat chickens are usually drinking more water, and will tend to have more watery poops. What does he eat, and does his feed contain probiotics? How does his crop feel—empty and flat, full, puffy, doughy, or firm? Does it empty by morning? You could offer him a tablespoonful of cottage cheese for a few days, and that may help firm up poops. Have you wormed him lately? Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are excellent wormers.
I haven't looked him over yet but I'm going to for sure, yes his food has probiotics in it, he seems to act nomal and eating and drinking fine. It was way hotter here last month and his poops was normal, so I dont think its the heat. He kicks his feet a lot ive notice lately but he is a feather foot chicken so I don't know if that breed typically walks like that or what? He has never been wormed. I do have some safeguard though! I'll give him so cottage cheese. Thank you!!!

Top Bottom