1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster hates my hubby!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sunflower, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Sunflower

Sunflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    Has anyone else seen this? My rooster is so sweet, my sweet Art. [​IMG] I can carry him around and he'll fall asleep in my arms or get really sleepy anyway.
    My husband swears that Art attacks him. He'll do a little dance thing and then spur his ankles. I'm not sure I believe him! [​IMG] just kidding honey!
    Art is on his best behavior when I'm with hubby.
    Why does he get mean when I'm not around? Men!

2. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    It's a sign. he's gunnin for your hubby place. Get rid of the man keep the roo and your all set. He likes pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

4. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    Quote:Awesome.

5. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG]

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    My rooster is no problem unless my DH walks into the coop. Then I might get attacked! Still haven't figured out why I am the one getting attacked but, he gets reminded in a big hurry who is boss-Me!

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

It's probably because if your DH doesn't have much to do with the birds, the rooster things that he's a predator or a stranger than needs to be taken care of.

I had a bird that hated ALL MEN. But that was because she saw the farmer where she was stuff a bunch of baby cockerels into a plastic bucket...

8. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    One of my hens flew up at my daughter when she came to visit.
    My daughter "whoohooed!" and ran down the path to the house.
    No damage done but I think they DO get to know who is who in the hood.

9. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    funny!

10. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    My roo is the same way.
    He usually waits till my dh's back is turned then he attacks him.
    So far my dh has been a good sport about things.
    Yesterday I had on jeans and boots ( I usually wear crocks or sneakers) and he tried flogging me, so I chased him all around the yard till I caught him, then we had a talk while I was holding him.
    I told him he was there for one reason and one reason only and that was to protect my girls.......He got the point.
    Oh, I didn't tell he how pretty he is......I thought that could wait till he was acting nicer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by