Rooster ID?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Whitewinterwolf, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    So apparently I'm the person you go to to dump crates of roosters on...I am 90% sure I know where they came from, so now I just need to go and question them and make sure my theory is correct. *edit* Yup I was right! Mystery solved!
    This guy is wicked cool though! I Knows hes a Phoenix crossed with some sort of bantam due to his tail *hes maybe 5-7 pounds* but that's about it. I might just try and keep him when I know hes not sick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Hes really friendly! He coos when you pick him up!)

This guy, my guess is a leg horn of some sort? Maybe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This guy is really friendly once I pulled him out and gave him some water, but boy does he stink)

And uh...Rhodie island red cross that has been really badly beaten up/molting??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Hes really flighty, and seems to be a bit edgy.)

They all appear to have lice, there was a mound of poop in each box so I'm assuming they were in it for at least 24 hours, they were hungry but not to hungry so I'm kinda hoping they weren't in them for to long.
    They all have about half an inch long spur, so im assuming they are around a year old? Maybe a year and a half?
    But what are they? I want to see if I can re-home them before Hubby just stew-pots them, so I want to try and be as accurate as possible breed and age wise for people.
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I'm no help with identifying breed, but that first guy is handsome and he wouldn't provide much for the stew pot. It sounds like they will need some TLC.

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    I can tell you went to a livestock auction by seeing the bean crates

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Sorry but no. They were left in my garage by someone I know it turns out.
    I have no idea where they got the crates, but I do know they have price tags on them.

5. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Yup, thankfully there breast bones are all nice and rounded, no skinny guys and no bad poops so far. But the red and white guy, poor thing [​IMG] hes so badly beaten on. And when I figured out who left them for me they verified he was really badly picked on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by