1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster in the bathtub!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by happybooker1, Jan 3, 2015.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    North of Houston Texas
    In October I bought 2 Silkie "pullets" from a lady who raises Silkies. Well, you guessed it -- one of those "hens" became a Rooster @ Christmas!! Crowing was limited to very quiet crowing from 7:30-8AM every day.

[​IMG]

I'm not supposed to have CHICKENS -- a Rooster calling attention to my little flock was a HEARTSTOPPER for sure! I quickly called the lady and she would have NO problem taking him back -- the problem was she was out of town and wouldn't be back until Friday (Yesterday!!).

So since his crowing was limited to 8AM or before, he got to spend every night in my bathtub!

[​IMG]

I'd put him out with the rest of the "girls" after 9AM and there was no problem! He went back to his former owner yesterday and I traded for a DEFINITE Buff hen!!

I'll miss him though. We got to be quite intimate with him spending nights in my tub!! LOL!

1 person likes this.
  2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    lol, that's funny. I had a rooster and he slept in my room in a dog kennel...he got to be super cuddly with me after that...i still miss him. He was eaten by a fox (which is now just a lovely pelt in my freezer). he's a pretty little boy :)

3. WNCcluck

WNCcluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2014
    Mountains of WNC
    Great improvising! Glad the former owner allowed a trade.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by