Rooster in the city issues

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by WoodwardRooster, Feb 9, 2012.

1. WoodwardRooster

WoodwardRooster Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Ferndale
    I have a Welsummer rooster (who was suppose to be a hen) who crows all day long, from when the light goes on in the coop in the morning till night. At first it was once or twice a day, and I thought I could deal with it, but now its constant. I've been putting him in a dog crate during the day and cover it to keep him quiet, but I really dont like doing this. I've posted ads on craigslist for free but haven't had any takers yet. Is there anyone in the Metro Detroit area who would like him? He's about 7 months old, and would be great for breeding or show. I also have a Welsummer hen I would sell with him, she lays really dark brown eggs. I would really like to keep him however this isnt working out. If I cant find a new home for him, does anyone have any suggestions what I can do with him, short of butchering?

2. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    did you list him in the auction area? You'll probably have better luck finding him a home there.

3. WoodwardRooster

WoodwardRooster Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2010
    Ferndale
    After weeks with no replies to my ad I got 5 responses in 2 days :) The rooster and his gf are at a new home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by