rooster injuries tw- pictures w blood and injuries

fanynany

Songster
Aug 22, 2020
Texas
EC16E0BE-0AB3-4B86-9B8C-0035EAE31574.jpeg
my rooster found a hole in the fence before i did and got out while the other rooster was roaming free, obviously didn’t go well and i got to them too late so i am left with an injured fella, he’s weak and missing feathers, swollen head and neck area but he is alive, wondering what i should apply to the wounds/ scratches to avoid infection, i will keep him inside until he’s better, currently napping in a box, gave him water but he can’t see his food so he won’t eat it, can i give him some baby aspirin to help w pain and swelling?

Attachments

• D0283D21-02F0-4086-9E99-4388094ED809.jpeg
    D0283D21-02F0-4086-9E99-4388094ED809.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 64F5DF30-E50D-4307-B439-582DE688C64D.jpeg
    64F5DF30-E50D-4307-B439-582DE688C64D.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 3
Use a damp paper towel and pat teh bloody areas to help you see teh wounds better. Do you have Verycin? That has a good spray on it to help get rid of some blood. Saline, Chlorhexadine, or Diluted iodine are all good solutions for cleaning wounds. If you don't have any you can use warm soapy water. Put it in a spray bottle so you can flush the wounds.
Then, apply a thick layer of Pain free Neosporin to his injuries, and keep flies away from his wounds. You don't want fly strike.
He needs to recover from shock. Add sugar to his water or offer him Gatorade to help him recover. Keep him a a clam quiet place for now.

Use a damp paper towel and pat teh bloody areas to help you see teh wounds better. Do you have Verycin? That has a good spray on it to help get rid of some blood. Saline, Chlorhexadine, or Diluted iodine are all good solutions for cleaning wounds. If you don't have any you can use warm soapy water. Put it in a spray bottle so you can flush the wounds.
Then, apply a thick layer of Pain free Neosporin to his injuries, and keep flies away from his wounds. You don't want fly strike.
He needs to recover from shock. Add sugar to his water or offer him Gatorade to help him recover. Keep him a a clam quiet place for now.
thank you! will clean and apply diluted saline and neosporin , no flies here i will smack em all away :) oooh and gatorade? does flavor matter?

thank you! will clean and apply diluted saline and neosporin , no flies here i will smack em all away :) oooh and gatorade? does flavor matter?
I dont think flavor matters much, but I think which ever flavor is clear would be best. There are probably less artificial colors in that one.
Once he recovers from shock watch to see if he eats and drinks.

Back
Top Bottom