Rooster is acting funny.. Any Ideas???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bantam0907, Sep 14, 2010.

1. bantam0907

bantam0907 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    I have a silkie rooster whos normally very alert and active but i checked on him yesterday and he was laying in the corner kinda like a broody hen when shes sitting on a clutch... i called him over and he tried to stand but fell back down... He's been losing feathers for about a week now so i figured he was just molting till this. His comb and earlobes are also very dull in color and he wont eat or drink alot. I forced water last night but im just worried about him... I checked for mites or any other parasites, i didnt see any. I also checked his legs and wings for any sores or broken bones but again i didnt see anything... Does any one have any ideas???? [​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    How old is he? Feed? Has he been wormed? Have you checked for lice/mites?

You can cause more problems than are already there by forcing liquids. It's ok to put a drop on the side of the beak to encourage him to take it in.

3. bantam0907

bantam0907 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    He turned a year old in August, and i feed him dumor cracked corn mixed with crushed granite. He has been wormed and no apparent lice or mites.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by