rooster is gonna get it!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tgblldog70, Aug 9, 2011.

1. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    well cleaned the coop, one hen in laying didnt bother her, waited 30min or so went to check for eggs and this darn rooster is gaurding the door and a hen which is laying ,he has the nerve to growl at me!!! what in the world???

2. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Well, to him, all the ladies (and everything they produce) are HIS. It's his job to be sure that they are his, too, so don't get too flustered. [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sounds like he is in charge. [​IMG]

4. marialane

marialane Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2010
    He's just doing his job! If it were a predator coming in to the coop, you'd be glad he was guarding them!

5. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    My rooster growls at me when I go in the coop so he now gets to free range all day long. My coop not his!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:And that is the proper attitude. [​IMG] When you let something with a brain the size of a pea be in charge, trouble she's a brewin'. [​IMG]

7. m_shuman

m_shuman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Springfield, GA
    Quote:And that is the proper attitude. [​IMG] When you let something with a brain the size of a pea be in charge, trouble she's a brewin'. [​IMG]

And if he gets to close in the yard I haze him or give him a nudge just to remind him it is my yard too. Sometimes I think he is egging me on because he gives me the stink eye through my glass back door when I am in the kitchen. BTW the growling has stopped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by