Rooster is playing with death...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shelleyd2008, Sep 8, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    And that would be ME!! [​IMG] I've never killed anything on purpose, but he is soooooooooooooo asking for it!! Apparently he is now a fashion critic, as he seems to want to attack my feet. I was wearing socks with my crocs, and I guess he doesn't like that.... [​IMG]

Here is the culprit....
    [​IMG]

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Don't show us the critic, show the fashion faux pas!!!!

3. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    LOL, he will be good eating!

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I agree! Let us see it Shelley! My roo hates pink and grey worn together.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Well, this was white socks with red crocs, so I don't know what his deal is. I wear the crocs all the time, so I guess he just doesn't like white socks [​IMG]

I went back out (sans socks) and he was still doing it. I think he might have just been wanting food, but he sure does have a weird way of showing it! He was trying to fight the young goose for its food, and when he finally found a place to eat where he didn't have to fight for it, he left me alone.

When he first started realizing he was a rooster he tried challenging me a few times, but I took a stick, shoe, feed can, whatever was handy and let him know who was boss. He hasn't done it since, and I hope he doesn't start again! [​IMG] I'm sure it wouldn't hurt that much, but it sure scares the crud out of me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by