Rooster is sick, please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lruiz5936, Feb 23, 2012.

1. lruiz5936

lruiz5936 New Egg

Feb 23, 2012
    I went to feed my flock this morning to find my Stardard Old English Rooster alone in a corner. He is real letahrgic, did not react when I went to grab him. he usually jumps up or runs away. I can hear everytime he take a breath almost like mucus in his nostrils. His tail and wings are drpoped lower than usual. He also feels hot. None of the other hens seem to be sick they are outside scratching and carrying on like usual. I placed the rooster in a large dog kennel but is not eating or drinking. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated, thank you.

2. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Have you given him a good check over?

I would feel his crop, and of course start him on some duramycin or tylan if it were me (but I am NO expert).

You may need to hand feed him. He wont like it but some yogurt and water via syringe (without the needle) would be the easiest.

Can you post a picture of him?

3. lruiz5936

lruiz5936 New Egg

Feb 23, 2012
    I do not know how to upload a picture with a url from my phone, I could email one. I checked him over real good he seemed fine. He was out running around scratching and crowing.

4. lruiz5936

lruiz5936 New Egg

Feb 23, 2012
    I do not know how to upload a picture with a url from my phone, I could email one. I checked him over real good he seemed fine. He was out running around scratching and crowing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by