Rooster is sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by maralpz2006, Mar 1, 2017.

1. maralpz2006

maralpz2006 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    Well i have a rooster around 6 months , he was crowing , and acribg normal this morning,but around 2 pm i noticed that he can stand up ,i didnt take a pic because i hear when he breaths a little sound , in the pic he us going to look good, and then it seems that his legs can take him anymore, somebody what kind of sickness could be , it is dangerous for the rest of the chickens

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    I would bring him inside in a warm dog crate.Provide Eggs and tuna and if he doesn't drink oral fluids should be provided with vitamins in it such as Sav-a-Chick or poultry Nutri Dench.More info will be needed.Does he feel skinny?Does he have any Redness or Abnormalities around his legs?How does his crop feel?What does his poop look like?

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    How is your rooster doing?

As @MasterOfClucker states, more information would be helpful. If you can tell us about his symptoms that would be good.
    What is the little sound that he makes when breathing - is he wheezing, coughing, sneezing, etc.?
    Do you notice any discharge from the eyes/nose?
    A photo of how he is laying down - may be helpful - are his legs splayed out - does he act like he has paralysis?

Separating him from the flock and giving supportive care as instructed in the previous post would be best. Vitamins or electrolytes in the water - see that he is staying hydrated.

4. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    Thank you for your answer, i thought that he will die at night but no he is still there, but im working so i really dont know how he is

5. maralpz2006

Apr 21, 2007
    mississippi
    Well i really dont know what happened with him , now he cant see , it seems like he is blind now, no idea thats wrong with him

6. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Answering the questions above would help us.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by