Punkabear

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2021
Our roosters knees look red swollen and meat is puffy on knees. Took to vet got antibiotics and cream. Don't know what this could be from. Looks as if he was shot in the knees. Which isn't the case here, just trying to paint a pic of what it looks like. It looks so painful and I don't knew what could of caused it

Attachments

• 20211006_182537.jpg
    20211006_182537.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 34
I honestly have never seen this before. I could see the idea of knees shot off, like someone took a melon baller and scooped out some knees. That's the weirdest thing. Did the vet check for arthritis or maybe he had an infection in the joints. Poor guy is he acting normal besides his knees? How old is he?

I honestly have never seen this before. I could see the idea of knees shot off, like someone took a melon baller and scooped out some knees. That's the weirdest thing. Did the vet check for arthritis or maybe he had an infection in the joints. Poor guy is he acting normal besides his knees? How old is he?
He's about 3.5 yrs and I took him to vet on Monday. Got antibiotics and cream. He's acting normal yes. Except he was favoring his legs and limping a little, which cause me to check him out. We have about 20 free range chickens. Only 2 full grown roosters and a few baby roosters that just hatched about 6 months ago

Hi did u get my reply. I am new to this. Freddy is 3.5 yrs old . Yes went to vet on Monday. Vet was unsure what it was . Got antibiotics n cream.. he's acting normal otherwise. Was limping which is why I looked at why. We have 20+ chickens free range. Freddy has 4 girls and Foghorn has 8, and the rest are newbies..like 7 to 9 months old

Back
Top Bottom