Rooster making a chirp sound?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Papa Mel, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Papa Mel

Papa Mel Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2010
    North Georgia
    I recently purchased a trio of Patridge Wyandotte Bantams. They all seem to be very healthy and the guy said they are about seven months old. My rooster every so often makes a "chirp or bup sound. It happens sometimes when he is eating and then othertimes when he is not. He eats, drinks and runs around with no apparent problems. His crow is not quite mastered yet and I was wondering if this could be part of the problem. I live in North Georgia. These birds were brought down from Wisconsin. Do you think he has a cold? I am putting some Vetx in their water. These are beautiful birds and I sure hope everything is okay. Any commments appreciated.. Thanks, Papa Mel

2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    it doesn't sound like anything's wrong-in fact i'd stop giving him the medication. if he doesn't have any other apparent symptoms (dull eyes, watery, bloody, or greenish manure, purplish comb or wattles, parisites, ect.) then you probably have nothing to worry about [​IMG]

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Are all of his feathers fully grown? He may not be as old as the guy said he is. Thats what happened with my rooster. Maybe he's geting used to the warm weather? Just keep watching him to make sure they are fine. Oh and... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by