Rooster mating the water bowl!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by katdam, Aug 28, 2010.

1. katdam

katdam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    texas
    one of my RIR roosters came into manhood about a week ago..he got really aggressive..so we have him in a pen by himself...i went to check on his food and water and his water bowl was empty..while i was standing there (he attacks the fence anytime anyone comes near) he grabbed his water bowl and went to town on it...has he lost his mind or just REALLY in the mood....i have someone coming next week to put him in the soup pot...i just never imagined a rooster mating with anything lying around!!!!!![​IMG]

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Ummmm, and the video is where? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG] That doesn't surprise me LOL he is after all from Rhode Island hehehehe [​IMG]

AL

4. katdam

May 19, 2010
    texas
    everytime i go out from now on i will have my camera with me...i just wasn't prepared for something like that this morning!!!

5. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    My friend had a beautiful Cochin roo who raped her yard shoes at every opportunity. None of the eggs hatched though.

6. katdam

May 19, 2010
    texas
    [​IMG]...i'm just glad he's not the only one that does something like that!!!

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]
    Quote:Well the roos need an outlet so the next available thing is the one he sees first are the one would be the "partner in crime". [​IMG]

8. amsunshine

amsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Kansas
    [​IMG]:gig:gig:gig OMG that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!! [​IMG]:gig:gig:gig Raping yard shoes and mating with water bowls!! I'm glad I'm not a hen at your place! Good thing you have him locked up...you know, that is supposed to make the soup taste even better!

9. sandy sea

sandy sea Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Gavilan Hills, CA
    My banty rooster LOVES the pot belly pig blanket a few times a day. We do have hens but they are all standard size and they do not let him near them.

10. tcates

tcates Out Of The Brooder

Aug 8, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Too funny.... Glad my RIR isn't the only crazy one trying to mate anything he finds standing still!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by