Rooster must go. South Seattle area (Sea Tac) Washington state

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by LindaSmith, Mar 10, 2015.

1. LindaSmith

LindaSmith Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2014
    Puget Sound, WA
    [​IMG]
    I don't know what breed he is as the breeder sais he was a pullet when I got him and obviously he's not (lol). This is a picture of him this morning. I live in the Seattle area and will bring him to you in this area if you want. All my hens and roo, have been fed a 100% organic soy free diet since I got them in August. The backyard which is the only area they go has not had any chemical treatments on it since I moved here in 2005. He was hatched in early July. Although SeaTac does allow 1 rooster, my husband will not. I was told roosters will not crow if there are no other roosters around and foolishly, I believed this which is why I have waited till now to get rid of him. He has just started crowing and has to go.

2. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    You can also put an ads on Seattle Craigslist.

3. chocol8bikini

chocol8bikini Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2014
    Washington
    Do you still have him? I live near north of Everett.
    Thanks,
    Jenn

4. LindaSmith

Jul 23, 2014
    Puget Sound, WA
    Yes i do still have him.

5. LindaSmith

Jul 23, 2014
    Puget Sound, WA
    [​IMG] Sad to see my boy go but its gotta be.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  6. chocol8bikini

chocol8bikini Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2014
    Washington
    Thanks again! His crow sounds like he's got his neak in a coke bottle, lol. He is a definately a ladies roo.

7. LindaSmith

Jul 23, 2014
    Puget Sound, WA
    Thanks for the update. Glad he is enjoying the girls as even here he was quite the ladies roo. Didn't know about his crow yet as he was still just learning when I had him. Maybe it will become more "manly" as he grows. LOL We miss him but it sure helps knowing he is in a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by