Rooster needs home-Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Unpenned Hen, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Unpenned Hen

Unpenned Hen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2007
    My neighbor complained about my roosters:(, he can't even hear them at night or in the morning, but he can hear them when I let them out, apparently he drinks during the day and gets a hangover, so all my roosters crowing irritates him. (none of the other neighbors have complained.) I live in Maine and I need to get rid of these roosters quickly. He said he was going to the town hall to complain tomorrow. I need people who live in Maine to take them, because shipping roosters in the mail is expensive.
    PLEASE help me. If you would like a rooster email me at [email protected].

P.S I have one Americauna, 2 brown silkies,(who are not show worthy, one doesn't have a poofy head and the other has really big waddles.) 1 partridge silkie and 2 white silkies.

Thanks
    Abbie

2. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Where are you located in Maine that may help to get rid of them.

Chickenstock in Litchfield Sun July 27th if you havent gotten rid of them by then.

Do you have an ordience that says you cant have Roosters or chickens? If you dont then I wouldnt get rid of them. He can just sober up and get over it.

3. Unpenned Hen

Nov 5, 2007
    I just looked, and I am pretty sure that I can have them, but it does say that

"It shall be unlawful to harbor or keep any animal or bird, which causes annoyance to the peace of any person, either by:
    (1) Excessively barking, howling or making other sounds common to its species;"

and this guy is "annoyed" [​IMG]

where is chickenstock?

4. Unpenned Hen

Nov 5, 2007
    Oh, I am located in Monmouth, Maine...
    right next to Litchfield.

5. Unpenned Hen

Nov 5, 2007
    Is there any way to make a rooster quiet?

6. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Eat them! [​IMG] LOL No sorry no way to keep them quiet, people try the boxes etc, doubt it will work.

7. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    No real way to keep them quiet. Roosters do not excessively crow they do it when they need to.

Do you keep them in a coop or in your house? Maybe you could try and give them light while they are inside and then they might crow inside as well.

Chickenstock will be at Litchfield Fairgrounds.

If you like them and you have the right to keep them I wouldnt get rid of them just because someone else doesnt agree with your way of life.

8. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I would wait until city hall comes to you and ask why they dont make all the people in your town get rid of the dogs for barking, the cows for mooing or the crows for sqwuaking at 4 am.

I would let them know that it is not excessive and that the Roosters do their crowing for a few minutes then it is over.

How close is your neighbor?

9. purr

purr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    east freetown, ma
    tell your neighbor to be very carefull with all that drinking and driving he's probably doing.
    Cause people in glass houses , well you know how it goes

Sorry that's just me , when I'm attacked I get vicious. But it's not always the best idea just my gut reaction

10. mmajw

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:Dont feel bad that is what I was thinking as well. Dont be too quick to get rid until the Town makes you.

Just try to do what you can to get their habits to change a little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by