kriz the farmer

Songster
May 14, 2018
delhi
my rooster is very active and even have a race with me

but he is not drinking much water less than 100 ml
he eats a lot and his poop his almost every time watery
temp here is 92 to 80 farenhiet he is a pet so lives inside the house

How are you keeping track of how much he drinks? It sounds like he is pretty hydrated. Not drinking water is not a symptom of Marek's disease, infected birds may start to eat and drink less but that would be because they become paralyzed and can no longer easily get to the food and water, not because they are sick and don't want to drink. If your bird is up and running around but not drinking then it is not because he has Marek's.

How are you keeping track of how much he drinks? It sounds like he is pretty hydrated. Not drinking water is not a symptom of Marek's disease, infected birds may start to eat and drink less but that would be because they become paralyzed and can no longer easily get to the food and water, not because they are sick and don't want to drink. If your bird is up and running around but not drinking then it is not because he has Marek's.
well i use small bowl who contains 250 ml water he takes 4 to 5 days to empty it

Chickens don't seem to drink a lot. I would just provide fresh water everyday regardless of how much he is drinking. If you are worried, maybe offer him fresh water and water with electrolytes in it. The electrolytes will help, but you should always offer fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom