Rooster not walking on his feet

qhlover

Chirping
May 15, 2015
West Texas
We have a ruster that was attacked by a dog about a month ago his wounds have healed but now he is not walking on his feet he moves around rocked back on his elbow. Any ideas on how to help

If he had injuries to his leg or hip, he may have tendon damage or scar tissue impeding movement. Was he able to walk while the injury was fresh?

Yes he was walking normal untel the last two days or so. His injures were just above his hips so scar tissue is posable

He has been in a dog kennel for two days in the garage due to the bad weather. The bottom sits about a 1/4 in off the ground. could this be hurting or fatigueing his lags. The weather is better/ safer now so he will go back out side today. I am hoping that helps

I looked him over really well this morning when I put him in the yard. He has a large bruise on his thigh :( he will get to be out for the next few days I will rework his place inside befor the next round of bad weather forces him back inside

He has been outside most of the last two days and today I think I saw some improvement today. I also put a textured matt in his cage so he does not sit on the bottom grate.

Back
Top Bottom