Rooster not walking

David050587

Chirping
May 30, 2018
Hello everyone about a week ago I notice my 3.5 year old silkie rooster just standing with a leg up, he doesn't want to put any weigh on it.. I took him to the vet this Monday they told me he might have arthritis and leg mites so they gave me some pain medication and gave him some medicine for the mites but he still looks the same I've been giving him nutridrench since two days ago... Any other tips? Do you guys think it could be mareks? BTW he is inside in a cage he's been sleeping all day today

Can you post some photos of him, his legs/feet and the bottom of his feet as well?

While at the vet's office, did they run a fecal float to see if worms are a contributor to his lethargy?

What medication for the mites did they administer?

I will try to post some pictures.. And the medication they gave him they put it on the back of his neck I'm not sure what it's called they said it was good for a month

IMG_20220116_124620145_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_124553301_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220116_124553301_HDR.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220116_123145243_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220116_123145243_HDR.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 1
His feet do look a bit puffy and also looks like the start of bumblefoot on the bottom of his foot. He may benefit from soaking his feet in a warm epsom salts bath. I don't think I'd dig around in the foot, just soak and see if it helps.

Does he have any lice/mites on his body?

I would work on getting him hydrated, then offer bits of scrambled egg or something that is of interest to him along with his normal feed, see if he will perk up.

His feet do look a bit puffy and also looks like the start of bumblefoot on the bottom of his foot. He may benefit from soaking his feet in a warm epsom salts bath. I don't think I'd dig around in the foot, just soak and see if it helps.

Does he have any lice/mites on his body?

I would work on getting him hydrated, then offer bits of scrambled egg or something that is of interest to him along with his normal feed, see if he will perk up.
He doesn't want to eat anymore
I gave him some fluids with a syringe

Back
Top Bottom