Rooster not well after treatment with antibiotics

6nagi9

Hatching
Jul 22, 2021
The comb is pale, hand feeding since 30 - 30 days. Watery stool. Larynx I think is swollen with white spots. WHat could be it?

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_084711_1.jpg
    IMG_20210722_084711_1.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210722_084731_1.jpg
    IMG_20210722_084731_1.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210722_084714_1.jpg
    IMG_20210722_084714_1.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210722_084723_3.jpg
    IMG_20210722_084723_3.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20210722-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20210722-WA0003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7
Where are you located in the world?
What do you feed?
What antibiotic did you give?
Is there a bad odor?
Is his crop emptying overnight?
Does he have respiratory symptoms along with discharge coming from the eyes?

This has been going on for a month?

Where are you located in the world?
What do you feed?
What antibiotic did you give?
Is there a bad odor?
Is his crop emptying overnight?
Does he have respiratory symptoms along with discharge coming from the eyes?

This has been going on for a month?
I'm from Delhi India. We feed seeds vegetables bananas and ground grains. Used Trox and Amoclox for mycoplasma and erd. There is usually a sweet odour. We are hand feeding so when we feed moderately, it's emptying otherwise a golf ball size is left. Sometimes he breathes fast while sleeping and opens mouth to breathe but no discharge from eyes or nose. Yes this has been going on for a month. He's 7 years old. Thanks for replying.

I'm from Delhi India. We feed seeds vegetables bananas and ground grains. Used Trox and Amoclox for mycoplasma and erd. There is usually a sweet odour. We are hand feeding so when we feed moderately, it's emptying otherwise a golf ball size is left. Sometimes he breathes fast while sleeping and opens mouth to breathe but no discharge from eyes or nose. Yes this has been going on for a month. He's 7 years old. Thanks for replying.
I'm going to tag in @Saaniya to help with this too.

The lesions inside the throat and beak may be yeast infection. Doesn't sound like the crop is emptying completely.
Do you have an anti-fungal medication like Clotrimazole, Miconazole or Nystatin that you can get? One of those may help if it's yeast infection.

You treated for Mycoplasma, does he have a history of respiratory illness? Amoclox is not that effective since "cillins" target the cell wall and MG has no cell wall. Antibiotics used to treat symptoms of MG are Tylosin/Tylan, Tetracyclines or Enrofloxacin.

Treating with antibiotics can also make yeast/fungal infection worse, so if you can get by without using them while treating the lesions inside his beak that would be a good idea.

The lesions inside the throat and beak may be yeast infection. Doesn't sound like the crop is emptying completely.
Do you have an anti-fungal medication like Clotrimazole, Miconazole or Nystatin that you can get? One of those may help if it's yeast infection.

You treated for Mycoplasma, does he have a history of respiratory illness? Amoclox is not that effective since "cillins" target the cell wall and MG has no cell wall. Antibiotics used to treat symptoms of MG are Tylosin/Tylan, Tetracyclines or Enrofloxacin.

Treating with antibiotics can also make yeast/fungal infection worse, so if you can get by without using them while treating the lesions inside his beak that would be a good idea.
I have itracanazole flucanazole, for clotrimazole i have lozenges. No he does not have any history of respiratory illness but he was drooling a lot so a friend who is studying vet prescribed Trox which is tylosin only and Amoclox. The drooling stopped but these new illnesses cropped up. Suspecting coccidiosis I am treating him with amprolium and his poop improved a lot yesterday. But today again it's loose.

Please suggest how to treat. Today is the second day of amprolium. What should I add for the mouth sores? Does it look like canker or candidiasis?

I have itracanazole flucanazole, for clotrimazole i have lozenges. No he does not have any history of respiratory illness but he was drooling a lot so a friend who is studying vet prescribed Trox which is tylosin only and Amoclox. The drooling stopped but these new illnesses cropped up. Suspecting coccidiosis I am treating him with amprolium and his poop improved a lot yesterday. But today again it's loose.

Please suggest how to treat. Today is the second day of amprolium. What should I add for the mouth sores? Does it look like canker or candidiasis?
You can treat with the Fluconazole. You mention a sweet smell so that's likely yeast infection. Canker is reported to have a rotten/bad odor.

Nothing will work dear for fungal Infection whatever u do it will keep increasing in the amount get this herb Moringa Supplement and start using ..there's many options like Himalaya Shigru (cheap and best) half tab daily dod 40 days and all yeast and mouth stuff will clear so as the CRD

The Medicine u have na ..will kill him because all of them go off label on poultry rest is your choice i only guide people with herbs and I highly oppose with antifungal on chickens especially in candida mark.my words no antifungal will work unless u switch on something that kill it .
And that is herbal way
And cut off carbohydrates and sweet things only Bajra diet all the time
And Shigru tablet Half once a day for 40 days or until the things will clear no side effects of this herb I personally use it ..

And once u start giving shigru the yeast will start off peeling on it's own because shigru is natural candida killer and it will clear it from his Gastrointestinal tract fast then anything

Give alot of Fresh Mint to him daily for detox
Avoid all sweet stuff , like roti , rice and fruits all of them give power to yeast

Do not scrape the yeast from mouth it will create more wound .
Bajra give high nutrition and alone shigru contains 10x power your boy will be back on health but pls don't give Fluconazole of anything what ur vet suggested because here vets are bad in Understanding chickens they usually kill them and I personally see this many many times now on BYC

Back
Top Bottom