Rooster or hen?? please help!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nitin Kumar, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Nitin Kumar

Nitin Kumar Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2014
    Please help me identify the gender of my bird. I think its a hen but few of my friend says its a rooster.

2. Sugsug

Sugsug Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2013
    Rutland, MA
    How about some pics? :) I wasn't able to see any in your other post either.

3. Nitin Kumar

Jan 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am sorry. I don't know . I think it has something to do with the site. Coz i can't even flag or report anythin anymore and I don't see the editor when i start a thread. Anyways, please can you help me with identifying this bird.

I would also appreciate if you can report this thing to the moderator about me not able to flag, report and not being able to see the editor.

4. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    It looks like a maturnig pullet to me depending upon age...ie if that is about a 4 month old bird, or so, then it is a hen. If that is a 10 week old bird, then it could be a male depending upon the breed...I am assuming Australorp or mix of that (since the legs are too yellow)?

However I am not seeing any saddle feathers, or curled sickle feathers in the tail (harder to see the tail clearly)...so I am going to say maturing pullet coming onto point of lay.

Lady of McCamley

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nitin Kumar

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks for your input. The age is six to seven months. I posted the thread again since i was having some issue with the BYC site. i think its a mix. We have a breed called Kuroiler in India. Its a mix between rhode red island and broiler.

6. Skhan

Skhan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2014
    INDIA,DHANBAD
    if her age is six months then she is a female or a hen no doubt

7. Skhan

Skhan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2014
    INDIA,DHANBAD
    hey nitin upload some clear pic in which we see its tail and whole body clear.its a bit confusion.......how is its voice.....to identify put a hen with that unknown gender one.if he or she shows interest in a hen like other rooster do.because as you are saying its 6 month old it would have been matured enough.....

8. Nitin Kumar

Jan 30, 2014
    Its a 50 -50 so far based on your replies. Still confused???

9. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish I could see the tail better but it looks like a girl. if the tail gets longer it's a boy

10. Nitin Kumar

Jan 30, 2014
    Here it is....I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

Its this one with the red comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by