Rooster or hen

only200

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013

Not sure to me it could go both ways

Thank you all I was worried because her comb and waddles are growing and my other two there not. And I have to ask what are you looking at to make your decision this my first flock and I'm doing my best to learn I'm sadly turning my rooster into diner tomorrow and I didn't want to do this twice. Thank you all

I have a black beauty that I've been questioning! Her comb is so much bigger then my other girls! She'd be crowing by now tho I think!

Thank you all I was worried because her comb and waddles are growing and my other two there not. And I have to ask what are you looking at to make your decision this my first flock and I'm doing my best to learn I'm sadly turning my rooster into diner tomorrow and I didn't want to do this twice. Thank you all
Her color and appearance are classic red sex link hen. You didn't say how old she is, and I should have asked before making the assumption. If the bird were say three months, I'd say male. But I'm guessing she's more like 5 months, and getting ready to lay. I'm also guessing you're not getting eggs yet, or you wouldn't be asking gender
wink.png
but from that comb they're not more than a few weeks off, if she's not hiding some already.

All right you had me worried just checked I'm not seeing any alternative nesting spots at this time and your right she's 4 1/2 month I do have a very mean rooster which might slow her laying (theory/question) he makes all my birds uptight untell I pin him up separate but he's gone tomorrow so we'll see. Sorry for my rambling next question dose a nesting box need dividers? Mine I have three boxes but there not divided from each other is that bad or ok?

Back
Top Bottom