Rooster or Hen???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 77horses, Oct 24, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    We have a splash cochin chicken, and the person(Melilem) told us that she thinks he/she's a male. Well, I looked up pictures of female splash cochins and male splash cochins, and after comparing to ours, he/she looks more like a hen!!!!:eek: [​IMG] But I'm not sure. I don't have pics right now, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. If you have ANY pics of a splash cochin(standard) or at least a breed of cochin, please post here! Ours is about 3-4 months old right now, so please post only pics that are at least close to that age. Thanks!!! I want to compare ours with other ones of that age.... [​IMG]

P.S. he/she doesn't have a large comb yet, at 3-4 months. and he/she has pretty small wattles. I will see if I can get a pic next week(Monday?) [​IMG]

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    anyonnneee....??? [​IMG] :| Does anyone have ANY pictures of 3-4 month old cochins??? [​IMG] sorry if I am being impatient again but it seems like this certain forum is not lively at all.....no answers or new treads??? [​IMG]

3. leslie

leslie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Hi New England.. I dont know what that is.. but if you would post a pix of your chicken I betcha I can tell you if its a roo or a hen...
    Im just a chicken raiser not one of those guys/gals who has all that information on the crew I have.. I know when i have an EE and it has to lay an egg for me to have that information..sorry..

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    mine is older than that and so I did not post a pic per request give it some time and someone will jump on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by