Rooster Pacing

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Juiced10, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Juiced10

Juiced10 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2010
    Syracse, NY
    Wednesday my chickens were attacked by a neighborhood dog. 4 are dead. My BR Rooster lost his tail feathers but has no bites or obvious damage beyond the missing tail feathers. I also have a gold laced wyandotte bantam rooster. My BR was the obvious leader of the pack before this. Now the tables seem to have turned. My BR Roo scared me until Wednesday's attack. He always seemed a bit too agressive to me. Now he'll let you pick him up and pet him without a peep. I'm very worried about him. He's also been pacing around the run and we actually had to put him in the coop tonight so we could close it up for the night. Anyone have any thoughts on this behavior? And I want to get rid of the banty roo. Would the BR Roo revert back to his old self?

Any help is appreciated. Also, anyone in the CNY area in need of a banty roo he's yours for the taking.

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    He must still be a little scared of what happened. Give him a week or two and he should go back to his normal self. I know it took about a week for my rooster to get over a dog attack.

3. Juiced10

Sep 26, 2010
    Syracse, NY
    Quote:Thanks. That makes me feel better. Poor guy was shaking like a leaf when I found him in the woods.

4. Juiced10

Sep 26, 2010
    Syracse, NY
    He's starting to crow again and get a little of his gumption back! Think he's going to be alright.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by