1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Rooster pictures and their pecking order

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by MikeWu, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MikeWu

MikeWu Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is my big White, first rooster in the family, currently the 2nd one in command. I got him from our local slaughter house when he was an adolescent. He lost the back end of his comb to another adult rooster, who died later in an accident.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is my Rock, leader of the pack. His crowing can be heard a mile away. He joined the family after the death of the other rooster, and he didn't have to fight the big White very much to establish his dominance.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Americana, the Challenger. He and other 4 roosters recently joined the family. He challenged the Rock and inflicted some damage on Rock's face as they both bled a lot after the fight. Apparently he lost and he didn't even challenge the big White, just giving up and being submissive.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Younger brother of the Challenger. And the entire flock.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Too many roos for so few hens... IMHO

3. MikeWu

MikeWu Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2012
    Yes I know there are too many roosters. Someone was giving up their roosters so I just took them in. I might need to eliminate some of them and keep only 1 or 2 best ones.

I had 8 hens but lost 7 of them to Marek's disease. This year I ordered 25 pullets all with vaccination. I will get them in a few weeks. In few months there will be enough hens for every rooster.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    This is Zien my buff brahma rooster. He is the only rooster that i have right now, ive had other roosters but not at the time thast ive had him. So i guess he is my head guy.

5. I have 2 roosters right now.
    This is Eddy my Americana rooster he is top on the pecking order lead rooster!
    [​IMG]
    Here is Oreo he is the other rooster 2nd to lead I geuss he is a Cochin Barred Rock mix!
    [​IMG]

6. chesterbarton78

chesterbarton78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    England
    [​IMG]
    He is only young!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by