Rooster pile ???

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Okay so this is probably a bit of a strange question but I just witnessed the weirdest thing….

So I’ve had several roosters and cockerels over the past couple years and I know the cockerels in particular can get a bit… umm… enthusiastic… sometimes and sometimes they’ll jump on a hen after another rooster or take turns or whatever but I just witnessed something I’ve never seen before…

My one cockerel was mating a hen as usual and my other cockerel jumped on top of him!?!?! He of course fell off because this 3 chicken pile wasn’t exactly aerodynamic or whatever and he’s a big huge boy but he tried a few more times.

I just thought it was strange because I’ve seen them go on after but not ON TOP of one another.

Idk if he was just way excited and trying to get to the girl but couldn’t so he took the next best thing or if he was trying to assert dominance over the other cockerel orrrrr ???? Weird!!!

They only hatched in February btw.

It was my senior girl and watching them do that to her… I’m ready to off them both right now!! Even though the one is very handsome and normally a gentleman. Clearly he’s not now.

Anyway…. This is a pretty long winded way to say anybody ever seen a rooster mount another rooster WHILE said rooster is mounting a hen!? 😂🤣:confused:

Last edited:
Okay so this is probably a bit of a strange question but I just witnessed the weirdest thing….

So I’ve had several roosters and cockerels over the past couple years and I know the cockerels in particular can get a bit… umm… enthusiastic… sometimes and sometimes they’ll jump on a hen after another rooster or take turns or whatever but I just witnessed something I’ve never seen before…

My one cockerel was mating a hen as usual and my other cockerel jumped on top of him!?!?! He of course fell off because this 3 chicken pile wasn’t exactly aerodynamic or whatever and he’s a big huge boy but he tried a few more times.

I just thought it was strange because I’ve seen them go on after but not ON TOP of one another.

Idk if he was just way excited and trying to get to the girl but couldn’t so he took the next best thing or if he was trying to assert dominance over the other cockerel orrrrr ???? Weird!!!

They only hatched in February btw.

It was my senior girl and watching them do that to her… I’m ready to off them both right now!! Even though the one is very handsome and normally a gentleman. Clearly he’s not now.

Anyway…. This is a pretty long winded way to say anybody ever seen a rooster mount another rooster WHILE said rooster is mounting a hen!? 😂🤣:confused:
YES!!!!!! I'm having the same issue!!! I'm only trying to determine if the crazy that tries to make it a threesome is actually a roo, since 'it's" at least 20 weeks old and hasn't crowed the first time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom