rooster ranch

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
well I just finished moving all the roosters and hens around so I have a whole seperate coop for all the roos.I had to do it at 12midnight when I got oout of work and it was dark,Still was quite an ordeal for some of them.But now all the extra roos can free range up at the satelitte campus and hopefully get along since all the hens are at the main campus with a couple of my best roos.I will have to sort out some of the chicks when I can make a better decision on sexing them.But hopefully in the morning everybody will be happy to be moved and not something worse like they all thought.The main campus is nice and big and all my new babies are getting too big for the littler barn set up

thumbsup.gif

well the roos are still fighting and the one that I moved down to the main campus was pretty beat up so he got a bath and a rest on the front deck while things got even more crazy.One roo flew into the dog yard and was killed,the other 2 started fighting with the injuried one so I let them into the yard to free range and put the beat up one back in his coop with the little up and coming roos that he had been living with originally.The 2 bad boys bedded down somewhere will have to think about this some more

ok we had a huge storm last night so down in the main coop the one bad roo found his way home and was in the coop this morning,and the other guy was up front wandering around looking forlorn,I opened the door to the yard and so far all is good,the roos up front seem to be settling in and not fighting.I quess splitting up the gang helped along with a long night out in the rain.

yes it has been 3days now and everybody is doing well at the rooster ranch.My big cochin Rusty is healing up from all the fighting and he seems to have a new adopted significant other, my little white showgirl roo,who was very low in the pecking order.They are inseperable now.Talk about an odd couple.no fighting everyone seems happy including all the chickens and babies at the main campus

Well everybody has settled nicely,no fighting the boys are all free ranching in the front and have there 10x12 ft coop.They seem to think they need to visit the bird feeder often plus roam far and wide in the early morning at in the later evening. The 3 roosters who originally had some hens under them spend a good deal of the time at the fence crowing they can see the other campus which is down at the main barn but are seperated by about 2ooft,they look like lost love sick puppies

Back
Top Bottom