1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

@^#*(&$ Rooster... Red Rooster need advice!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mycookoonest, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Ok Robin our head honcho is misbehaving really bad! I had to wrangle in the turkey who got out of the coop, and when I went into the fence Robin came up and sparred with me. I had to keep my foot up to keep him from attacking me so I could grab the rake in the coop to keep him at bay while I was in there.

I've tried holding him... he doesn't care for that at all. I'm also 9 months pregnant so it's super hard for me to wrestle with him.

I now have to keep our rake outside the fence so I have it when I go in.

I'm not very keen on the idea of getting "rid" of him. He's not a rehoming type roo... So he would have to taken care of (so to speak). But this preggo is PO'd...

He goes after DH and I... even the kids can't go near the coop.

I'm starting to think the only thing for him is to cull him.

2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    is there any way you could catch him and swaddle him in a baby blanket? i did that with mine, and i would rub his toes for him and now he is the sweetest thing ever!

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

since holding him didnt help.. pick him up, hang him by his feet, walk around for a minute with him,( not too long cause it stresses their lungs after 4 or 5 minutes) and THROW him in something,,coop,, kennel,, barrel,,, and dont let him out for an hour or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by