1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

rooster red technique ~ what is it?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by goobhen, Dec 29, 2008.

1. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay, newbie here!! What is the Rooster Red technique?
    Thanks in advance, Theresa [​IMG]

2. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    it's about getting a mean attack rooster under your control so you don't fear it like I fear my rooster.
    Basically, you pick the bugger up and carry him around while you do the chicken chores, so that he learns to associate you as head rooster.
    Alpha roo. A flock of birds is somewhat like a pack of dogs. There is always the alpha, head of the pack. A rooster's job is to protect his flock at all times. Sometimes they think you would hurt the flock, so if he hurts you first, he sees it as his job. YOUR job is to teach him that you are there also to protect the flock.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Welcome to BYC!

There is a link in my sig line to my page on roo behavior.

4. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG]
    Quote:That's kind of what I thought! I already am the pack leader of the dogs, now I will add "top chic". Hey that sounds pretty good! Thanks so much! I just love BYC, think I am going to get a t-shirt!
    [​IMG]

5. Blondie

Blondie Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Rooster Red - you are now a VERB!!! [​IMG]

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:I just realized that I read your page previously....I re-read it again & am going to save it. I will be getting Dominiques. Red Stars & Black Stars. 23 pullets & 2 roos (at least that is what I ordered. I read that these roos were more gentle than some of the other breeds. Thanks, I truly appreciate your help [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by