Rooster 'reign' behaviors

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GhettoRoo, Mar 30, 2015.

1. GhettoRoo

GhettoRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Hello. So most common rooster reign, hope this is corret word to call it, same as hens, is just a bite, but roosters ofcourse even try to run litle foward to other rooster.
    But, dancin to other rooster is kind a showing a reing too, yes? I have Vorwerk, who prefer biting, 3 RIR blooded roosters, which hates each other, jumps on those who mate hen, after run away.
    But I have one white Eastern Egger blooded rooster, who prefet dancin thing, even when rir blooded ones attack on him, and then ofcourse kinda run away, cuz he is higher ranked, white one aint running to get avange, but even go dance in front, like to provokate more action, and if 2nd rooster is agree to fight he probably would. Im bit curious about aint he like a bisexual, only once saw he try to climb on young roosters back.
    I have 1 year old Vorwerk, alpha.
    This white boy is 9 months.
    Then I have these 3 RIR blood 7 months old roosters.
    Yaa. Once he saw my neighbours big rooster, thru fence, and go stright to him, like rangin, u now, with beak on ground, so he kind a, i thought, distinguish difference from hen to roo.
    Just interesting personality, I would prefer him to bee Alpha rooster, cuz he wont hurt others, + he have a great fighting instincts.

[​IMG]
    There is my white EE blooded, and Rhode Island Black. :D

2. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    The roosters running at one another are challenging for dominance. The white rooster dancing to another male is a dominance display also. Dominant roosters will charge or knock lesser roosters off of hens. Dominant roosters will mount lesser roosters to dominate them. No rooster is bisexual, just dominant.

3. GhettoRoo

GhettoRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2014
    Ya. But my three young cockerels knock all each other off, 2nd and 3rd ranked go to 1st brother and knock him off, even dominant brother dont konock others off so often. First ranked of those cockerel brothers even go to knock off my this white rooster, but then run away, cuz hes lower ranked. P.S, my Vorwerk who is alpha dont knock noone off, he used to run to check mating and even bite hen under them rooster. not the rooster.
    P.S, they all are kind a young, and not fully matured, things gonna get interesting with time. I have one RIR blooded father, who lives seperated, and he just cant live together with noone rooster, im gonna put him together only when younger ones who kinda can get well with each other, could dominate him, like Vorwerk and white, cuz those aint those dominator types.

4. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Sounds like the 3 brothers are still working out who is the boss. Positions can change at any time. I have 3 roos, 2 RIR and an Amberlink. and #1 (the Amberlink) is barely staying #1 right now. I am not sure they are not taking turns! they are 11 months old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by