Rooster Road Rally - Thank you BYC friends

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by McGoo, Aug 30, 2008.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so very grateful to the wonderful people of BYC!

I ended up with too many roos and with the help of BYC was able to find homes for 3 of my cockerels.

I found homes in PA and NY. So I left early this morning and traveled to Harrisburg and Allentown and Binghamton and just arrived back at 9pm! [​IMG]

Aside from one of my fella's pooping all over me [​IMG](thank goodness I brought a change of clothes) the trip was just wonderful.

I was first greeted by Julie and her beautiful children in Carlisle. I sure hope they enjoy Frankie. He's a beautiful EE'r.

Next I back-tracked to Allentown and met Stephanie. Stephanie's got my little Crosby - he's an ee cockerel who stole my heart as a baby.

And then I traveled north through the lush green mountains of PA to Binghamton and met Theresa and her husband. She is now the proud owner of Jake, a BO cockerel.

Thank you all so much and I wish you all the best with your cockerels!

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hey, you weren't too far from me! We could have met up!. I'm glad that you found loving homes for them all.

3. McGoo

Thanks Silkieluver. Are you near Harrisburg PA?

I am so happy that I found good homes for them too. I now only have one EE roo that has to go. Working on that one now.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sounds like fun, Colleen! I just sold one of my Delaware cockerels, too-few more boys need to go to their new homes, too. Costs lots in gas, but at the cost of feed these days, it sure offsets the cost of the trip to be rid of several big eaters.

5. McGoo

Costs lots in gas, but at the cost of feed these days, it sure offsets the cost of the trip to be rid of several big eaters.

Cyn,
    It was fun! I listened to Huck Finn on audio book, and traveled through the countryside. It was delightful.

I calculated it cost $20 per bird to rehome them ... a good home too! And aside from the feed cost which was growing, there was my own conscience. I just couldn't bring myself to have them processed. (I don't knock anyone who can, but I couldn't). I spent so much time caring for them, handling them, and I grew so very attached.​

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Did you go to the Harrisburg capital? If so, than you were around 3 hours and 40 min. away but if you visited the other Harrisburg, you were only 1 hour and 45 min away. [​IMG]

7. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Road trips to meet chicken folk are the BEST.

8. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    McGoo, just wanted to say that Crosby is such a beautiful roo! the pic didn't do him justice. even though he's traveled quite a bit in the last few days, (from your house to PA, then to VA) he's calm and content. Right now from the window I can see him picking in the garden......

Thanks again and it was nice to meet you!
    -S

9. McGoo

S,
    Sooo happy to hear that he's okay. Typically, he's pretty calm as chickens go. And yes, it's really hard to get a photo that shows the good color and richness.

Thanks and enjoy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by