1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster Rookies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LocaLumsdenFarm, Aug 28, 2014.

1. LocaLumsdenFarm

LocaLumsdenFarm New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    We received baby chicks from some friends of ours about 14 weeks ago. We absolutely love the newest members of our family. We know they are, "mutt" birds and are not really interested in breed, because it doesn't really matter. We do however care about cockerels vs pullets. Based on my research I am a bit concerned we ended up with 3 roosters and only two hens!

[​IMG] Agnes

[​IMG]Edith

[​IMG]From L-R Agnes' tushie, Edith, Gruzinkerbell in the back, Margo and Lucy

[​IMG]Margo, Lucy and Edith

[​IMG]Margo

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Welcome! Could you get pics of each chicken and their comb? It looks like you have Silver laced Wyandottes, Production red, Barred rock and EE?
    So far I think Agnes is a rooster, Edith is a pullet, Margo is a rooster, Lucy I'm not sure about, but I'm guessing pullet and Gruzinkerbell is a pullet.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    You have a Barred Rock or Barred Rock mix (Gruzinkerbell), two Silver Laced Wyandottes (Margo and Edith), a Production Red/New Hampshire (Lucy), and an Easter Egger (Agnes). Agnes, Gruzinkerbell, Lucy, and Margo appear to be roosters. Edith is the only pullet.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

5. Wishapup

Wishapup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Canada
    Margo, Agnes, Grukinkerbell, and Lucy are definitely cockerels.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

This bird is your only pullet
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by