Rooster scare

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
So I arrive at my job this morning (Fall Festival, caring for poultry and rabbits) and a customer points out that we have a dying chicken in the coop. Sure enough, laying there was a rooster looking like he was totally dead. She said, "He's breathing but just barely." My heart sank because I've been battling some strange illness in the coop just to the left of this one and I thought the illness has now spread to this coop. I hurried in to take out the dying rooster and he jumped up out of his trance soon as I approached him! He was taking a sun bath!!! Now I've seen tons of chickens take sun baths but this one fooled me completely.
gig.gif

I have a now very old large furry (Samyoan) that does that. You can't see her breath, she is stone deaf. I have had calls at work from my neighbor telling me my dog died more than once! Before I got her she was run over by a car (she has been deaf most of her life) She just lays in my driveway (but always have to check before backing out....had a close call....she cant tell.

Back
Top Bottom