Rooster sick need help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Babyban, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Babyban

Babyban Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    I have a six month old rooster DJ He hatched in June with two sisters. We were going to find him another home because we already have his dad Dave. But because no fighting problems we kept him. He was fine till yesterday when I found him slumped by the food tray. He is very lathargic and can't stand on his legs. I brought him in and he is very skinny! I can feel all his bones. although he looks fine. He didn't eat or drink yesterday. So today I feed him scrambled egg and water with cider apple viniger. He seems to have perked up a bit. But I am not sure what is the best things to feed him. He still can't stand and is still just lying down all the time. I am feeding him once an hour with scrambled egg and water. Any advice on what to do and feed him.

2. Silkie Chick

Silkie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Try to feed him some yogurt, I don't know if it will help, but I know the enzymes are really good for chickens.

3. Babyban

Babyban Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2011
    DJ is still with us although still very week. he has improved. I am keeping up the hourly feeds. I am still having to force feed him. Thanks I have given some yogurt, I think the other cock has been making DJ Starve as he was always chasing him away from the food. I thought he was just letting the ladies eat first but I have been told that some cockrels the make another cockrel stave keeping him away from food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by