Rooster sick with upper respiratory infection i need some advice

Sep 27, 2021
My rooster bob got sick a while ago and im guessing from low immune got it again. hes lethargic, wont eat or drink and wont sit only stand. He ruffles his feathers, and stays hunched, and i believe its a problem with his lungs again. i gave him a dose of tylan 200 in the morning by mouth, syringed him food and water and am continuing this every few hours. I believe 80% that its respiratory, but could it be something else? i found what looked to be intestinal shedding in his poop but no worms or blood. also he turned like thus through the night, yesterday he was a-ok.

What symptoms does he have or did he have the last time? Was there any cough or sneeze, bubbles or foam in an eye, swelling of the eyelid or face, a bad odor, or drainage from his nostrils? Do you smell a bad odor from his face? How much Tylan 200 are you giving him? It should be given 3 times a day, at 0.05 ml per pound. If he is 7 pounds that would be 0.35 ml. You can give it orally.

Many of the respiratory diseases such as MG, coryza, ILT can be chronic and symptoms may come back. They are carriers, and probably most of the flock is as well. It is best to close your flock—no birds coming in or out—until the last of these birds are all gone. You can wait a few weeks or months and get new healthy chicks with no risk of passing it on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom