Rooster sounds congested every now and then......for about three days

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DAFNVA, Oct 1, 2011.

1. DAFNVA

DAFNVA Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    My white roo every now and then sounds congested, He is eating well drinking, weight is good, acts normal like he has a cold or bug. i isoloated him away from the flock. what can i do to get rid of the congestion?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Could possibly be a respiratory disease. Here's a link to respiratory diseases. Scroll down and take a look at Infectious Coryza and Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG.) There's alot of that going around it seems. Feel free to read about the other illnesses.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:Ditto

4. DAFNVA

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    thanks fellas, now let me see what i can do .....to combat those symptoms.

V/r

Dale

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

6. DAFNVA

Jul 10, 2011
    Franklin VA
    My Coop
    Thanks to all for the information and referred link. lots of information and he is actually responding i think to the second does of meds. he'll get third dose tomorrow. as a precaution with fungal i will go forth and use heated humidifier with oxine ah next week a few days later.......
    I hear no congestion today, but you have toget him and let sit in hand or lap for bit. he has never acted abnormal and he has been eating and drinking just fine. so what ever it is , hopefully i got it early.

Thanks again,

Dale

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by