Rooster sounds Funny Wheezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TerriL, Oct 4, 2012.

1. TerriL

TerriL Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Holden, Missouri
    About a 8 days ago one of my Roosters started sounding funny it was like he was wheezing. So I watched him a day or so and he didnt act sick just his breathing. I was afraid he was sick so I stuck him in a house by himself so I could try and treat him. I had an antibiotic left over from one of my Turkeys that had an alergy but at first thought it was a cold so thats why I had the pills left over. So I desolved one capsule in his water every day and now it is about 7 days later and he seems to be getting better. He has started crowing, the only problem is he has no voice to crow with, its like he is whispering. I am going to treat him for 7 more days and see how he is then.

What I wanted to know is, could this not be a problem of being sick. The reason I say that is that he does not have mucus coming from anywhere. His nose is clear, hims mouth is clear, there is nothing. I thought about it a lot and wondered if he could have gotten kicked by my horse of something like that. I dont know it was just a thought. I will keep him on the medicine and see.

Any thought would be appreciated.

2. orangecatrex

orangecatrex Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    TerriL,
    How is your rooster? I'm having the same problem, and wondered if your roo made it? Let me know

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by