Rooster suddenly wants to attack me I guess..

Chick_Jimin

Chirping
Feb 17, 2021
Is it normal for a rooster to suddenly want to attack you? One of my rooster I have been raising it since the day it hatched. I'm always with him but he suddenly was skittering sideways to get closer to me, and when he sees us he will start peaking at our foot. He is always lonely doesn't really hang out with other chickens. What made him suddenly attack me? can I stop it and bring him to be my friend again? :(

He’s flirting with you. Do you have 1 rooster for every 10 hens? If there aren’t enough hens for him he will get his attention from you instead. The wing down skittering is a mating dance I think. In my opinion he’s just lonely and looking for love.

i used to have A Rooster like that and i loved him to death I would sneak him scratch so he could call the ladies over. Technically being his “wingman”. But I rehomed him and he has a flock of his own now and has even had babies hatched. So I’m happier for him now even if that isnt with me.

Is it normal for a rooster to suddenly want to attack you? One of my rooster I have been raising it since the day it hatched. I'm always with him but he suddenly was skittering sideways to get closer to me, and when he sees us he will start peaking at our foot. He is always lonely doesn't really hang out with other chickens. What made him suddenly attack me? can I stop it and bring him to be my friend again? :(
my hens and rooster peck at my toes, my roo never jumps and attacks and its normal for chickens to peck at feet a little bit but I would try to train him, if he is aggressive he is going to be food for you, aggressive roos cant be rehomed as they will just be aggressive with their new owners

my hens and rooster peck at my toes, my roo never jumps and attacks and its normal for chickens to peck at feet a little bit but I would try to train him, if he is aggressive he is going to be food for you, aggressive roos cant be rehomed as they will just be aggressive with their new owners
"he is going to be food for you" ... yea no thanks. How do I train a rooster?

He’s flirting with you. Do you have 1 rooster for every 10 hens? If there aren’t enough hens for him he will get his attention from you instead. The wing down skittering is a mating dance I think. In my opinion he’s just lonely and looking for love.
I have around 20 hens and 3 rooster that fight a lot with my cockerel, my rooster pecks at my hens. There is enough hens for him but he doesn't go next to them, if they get close to him he will peak at them.

Back
Top Bottom