Rooster talk

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chicken support, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Chicken support

Chicken support Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    How do you get a Roo to stop crowing early in the morning, I mean real early.[​IMG] ( He was crowing at 4 am but with the time change he is now crowing at 3 am, It dosent bother me but my neighbors are getting ready to lynch me....................HELP!)[​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Blindfold him! [​IMG]

3. Chicken support

Aug 19, 2009
    Do they make a Roo shock collar?[​IMG]

4. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    i've been putting mine into a medium sized dog crate and putting a doubled up blanket over it to drown out the noise. i can still hear him but it make a BIG difference. no neighbors have complained yet since i've been doing it.

i'm residential so i am not supposed to have a roo! (but i am hiding 2 crowers and a as-yet-to crow cockerel in my basement, and one in my sound proofed garage coop with his girls.)

if someone could come up with a way to control the crowing they could make A LOT of $$$!! [​IMG]

btw, i let him out at 7am to run around free for the day!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  5. Chicken support

Aug 19, 2009
    mine free roam during the day, but the nighttime vocal antics have got to stop,lol

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I was told by a judge one time that the reason they are crowing in the dark is because they hear something outside of their coop and they want the intruder to know that they are in his territory. Mine crow at 3am sometimes, but our barn is next to the woods so maybe there is something to this. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by