Rooster that does not sing ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenlover707, Oct 15, 2016.

1. chickenlover707

chickenlover707 Just Hatched

Oct 14, 2016
    My slikie rooster is not singing he's about I think 41 weeks old we got him as a chick on march 5 of 2016

2. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Silkie rooster are sometimes slow to mature! Are you positive he is a Rooster? Can u please post a pic of him

3. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016
    It's night over here and cold and I am already in bed in my pijamas sorry ill try to send you one tommorro and I know he's a rooster because we have a female slikie they where born in the same day and females doesnt have large wattles he does and he also has a large crest while the female does not and the female already started laying eggs and a little while ago we had an accident with the rooster and we had to separate him from his hens and he didn't really lay an egg

4. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

5. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016
    Well I was actually looking forward to slikie hens and then this guy got mixed up with the slikies he was Supost to be a hen when he matured and turned out to be a rooster I kinda panicked but I would never give him away so even if he does start crowing there's always collers

6. chickens really

7. chickenlover707

Oct 14, 2016
    You're right he defiantly won't be happy but I am pretty sure if I give him away he will definitely be on a plate...

8. chickens really

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by