1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rooster Tie Out

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dixie chicken, Oct 14, 2008.

1. dixie chicken

dixie chicken Out Of The Brooder

Anyone know where I can purchase a leg tie out online? I have a unruly "gamey" mutt rooster who I really like but he doen't get along with other roosters. He usually free ranges but has taken to fighting through the fence with any other rooster that will participate. Fortunately he is friendly to people and likes to follow me around the yard watching intently so I do not want to dispose of him. He is of banty size because his mom was a silkie so not really big enough to eat. I remember my dad using the tie out method with his game roosters when I was a kid and they worked well with a little tee pee house. Any help is greatly appreciated:)

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Cant help much there but I know there is something out there cause my dad said he saw a bunch of roos tied out to someones front yard over the weekend

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
  4. dixie chicken

dixie chicken Out Of The Brooder

Thanks Cindy. Looks like they have exactly what I need!

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow, I keep learning! I never even heard of this![​IMG]

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

if you cant find em online,, i can get them down the road, in fact i have a brand new 1 sitting here staring at me lol, its 1 with a small stake on the end, but i get the ones without the stake too,, i think with is like $13,, and without $10.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by