Rooster too aggressive?

5SweetChicks

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 28, 2012
Michigan
I have a young rooster, only a month old, who keeps attacking my other chicks. I have 3 roosters, maybe 2. But the oldest rooster is calm and does just fine with the others. But I have one that will just fly at my pullet and peck her. I saw him do it 3 times in less than 10 minutes. Should I get rid of him? He makes a lot of noise when hes separated from the rest of the chicks, but I don't want an aggressive chick. I'm not sure what to do
hu.gif

Some cockerels are just little punks. Rarely do they get better but possibly an older roommate might help teach him some manners.

I hope so. After the winter all the roosters will be separate from the hens, which we only have 2 so far but are getting more when the actual coop is finished. I don't think it should be a big problem, but it bothers me when he picks on my favorite pullet. Maybe he likes her
love.gif
idunno.gif

Do you think a 7ft by 7ft coop will be big enough for them to have their own space? They are 1 and 1/2 months old right now and only will be in there for the winter.

How many are there? You need around 4 square feet per chicken in the coop.. So you have 7ft X 7ft = 49 sq. ft divided by 4 is around 12.25 chickens. :)

Back
Top Bottom