rooster troubles

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by BigRednRock, Jul 4, 2010.

1. BigRednRock

BigRednRock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    i have 3 roosters. 2 very dominant and 1 sissy rooster. the 2 big boys are seperated but my sissy boy roams free with the hens. he just got his voice. he doesn't try to jump on any of my hens. but he does try to run up on me when i'm in the yard. like he's trying to be agressive.. but it doesn't work out for him... is this normal

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    It sounds like he is just trying to dominate you. I think you can just pick them up and walk around with them to try to show your dominance, or if he doesn't get far with his aggression towards you at first it may just back down sometime.

3. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    When he does start to mount your hens, make sure you kick him off of any if he tries to do it in front of you. ONly the dominant roo is allowed to mount the hens.

Worked for me with my dominant rooster...unfortunately, he still went after my kids, so he had to go [​IMG]

4. BigRednRock

Apr 23, 2010
    well i feel special. he runs from me when i turn around but the second my back is to him here he comes again.

5. BigRednRock

Apr 23, 2010
    when he does come at me my leghorn roo, game roo, and bbb tom jump on him. my little body guards

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by