1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rooster upside down

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DK, Jan 26, 2009.

1. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    When I got home from work I look up at my chicken pens I could see something hanging from the wire so I walk a little closer and it was my big RIR rooster upside down just hanging there by his foot not moveing at all I just knew he was dead but when I got to him he just look at me like where the hell you been.Got him down and he was fine .The funny thing this is the second time I had to get him down dont no how he get in this fix but a guess he just a chicken. DK

2. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I saw one of mine do that one day. A hawk was perched on the side of the pen and the rooster hit the wire from the bottom with enough force to knock the hawk off the rail around the top.

Wonder if that was the cause?

3. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    My pens have wire on top just because of the hawks got to missing bantan and had a real fat hawk flying around just put two an two together and put wire on top no more missing chicken. DK

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

What was his foot caught on ????

5. DK

DK Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2008
    Bangor Alabama
    His spur and foot were hung in the hole in the wire on the fence my wire has two inch hole in it and some how his foot went in the hole and the spur would not let it come out. DK

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by