Rooster vomiting from collar

Samsal

Hatching
Apr 29, 2021
I recently bought one of those no-crow rooster collars for our rooster, and I placed it on and made sure that I could fit my smallest finger in between his collar and neck. I watched him for 20 minutes, and it seemed like he was doing okay until I noticed he was in the hen house a lot more and didn’t want to come down to the run. When I woke up to check on him in the morning, he was still up in the hen house at 9 am, which is odd because usually he’s down crowing at 7. I picked him up to check on him, and he vomited. I immediately took off the collar, but I was asking to know if he would be okay or if this is typical of a rooster collar. I feel bad for giving him that collar in the first place. He was only doing what God made him to do.

I'm not a fan of no crow collars for reasons like this. my assumption would be that he tried to eat some food and wasn't able to swallow it properly and it came up when you put pressure on him to pick him up.
Does he seem to be acting normal now? Hopefully he'll be fine.
Are you not allowed to have crowing birds where you live? If so, it would be best to rehome him.

Back
Top Bottom