Rooster vomiting

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jenniferlamar70, Aug 19, 2016.

1. jenniferlamar70

jenniferlamar70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    I have a 10 week old olive egger that has been acting strange. I'm worried he may have got into something. My son got into our shop and forgot to close the door. It's a storage shed packed full so hard to get in and out of. Our rooster was coming out the door and I noticed him kind of wobbling. His head was twitching a bit. I secluded him and gave water and food in case he was sick from the heat. After about 30 mins I rechecked. He was walking but it was off and he seems out of it. I carried him in the house and he started vomiting something that looked like diluted milk or water with a white glaze. Any ideas on what this could be?
    Update.
    I can feel something hard in his crop

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. Hens rule

Hens rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2015
    USA
    He may have an impacted crop. Check in the morning before he eats to see if its still hard. If it is he has an impacted crop, if not than something else. Do you have fertilizer, pestiside or rat poison in your shed or skmething he could get into. If you suspect poison give him water. Good luck.

3. jenniferlamar70

jenniferlamar70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Northern California
    Thanks. I'm started to suspect an impacted crop. It feels empty other then a hard spot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by