rooster walking weird with wings drooped

crazy rooster34

Songster
May 28, 2016
My rooster got into a fight and every since he's walked funny and as of yesterday his wings are drooping, he's not limping its more like he's walking with huge shoes on, ill try to get a video tomorrow he's eating fine and everything its just the walking with the wings drooping also he has lost a lot of weight over the past 2 weeks, I'm thinking it just might almost be his time to go since he is 8 almost 9 years old, but just thought id get advice on this topic

My rooster got into a fight and every since he's walked funny and as of yesterday his wings are drooping, he's not limping its more like he's walking with huge shoes on, ill try to get a video tomorrow he's eating fine and everything its just the walking with the wings drooping also he has lost a lot of weight over the past 2 weeks, I'm thinking it just might almost be his time to go since he is 8 almost 9 years old, but just thought id get advice on this topic
The video may be helpful.

Have you looked him over really well for any injuries that might be hidden under the feathers and inspected his feet. Was he fence fighting too?
Are you keeping him where the other rooster(s) can get to him? If so, then separate him out - provide him with his own food/water. Poultry vitamins for a couple of days. Hard to know what's going on, he may have some nerve damage. With him being older he may also be a bit defeated and needs some time to come back around - I would give him some TLC and see how it goes.

its like he has no balance he puts his tail up high and head down low sorry if the videos are a little shaky he dosent like to be videos

its like he has no balance he puts his tail up high and head down low sorry if the videos are a little shaky he dosent like to be videos
Did you post a video somewhere? The upload for BYC doesn't work, you would need to upload to youtube and provide a link.

Being off balance is concerning. Is his poop questionable? Photos of that would be good too.
I would keep him separated and get some poultry vitamins into that contain Vitamin E and B vitamins.
Look him over really well for any injuries or scabs too.

Back
Top Bottom