Rooster wall paper

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by southernsibe, Jan 5, 2008.

1. southernsibe

southernsibe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2007
    kensington, maryland
    How many of us BYC'ers have used chickens or roosters in our decorating? I am thinking of redoing the border in my kitchen. It currently has toucan birds, it is serviceable, but not my style. It was done by the previous owner. I know my son would adore anything farmyard and I got a rooster clock for a present this year. I'm curious to see how many of us have used the theme in our houses?

Rachel

2. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Well, my momma's granny used to have rooster EVERYTHING in her house, and so does my granny. We seem to be collecting more and more rooster stuff in the house. From potholders to bookends, we're slowly getting there.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    right now my kitchen is done it a very counrty/apples feeling - but I am slowing adding chickens/roosters in there - I think the livingroom will be the room that will get hit with the roosters/chickens theme since I am just starting to decorate this house.

Julie

4. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    We are doing roosters and sunflowers. I looked on ebay at rooster wall paper border and there was actually some cute stuff listed.

5. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    We just did our kitchen in chickens, we have rooster border, rooster plates on the wall, egg crates, scales, egg baskets, chicken figures, on top of the cupboards, rooster pictures, and a rooster rug.
    Here it is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My kitchen is done is with hens and roosters everywhere!...plus a pretty farm border with lots of chickens around the walls....

7. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Brooster... I LOVE your kitchen!!!!! [​IMG]

8. crazy4chicsinBC

crazy4chicsinBC Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2007
    Abbotsford, B.C.
    Brooster
    I LOVE it!!!!

9. Juliechickens

Juliechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I have crocheted roosters and hens potholders hung all over the kitchen. PLUS thanks to Hobby Lobby I have fabulous rooster/chicken house decor all over my house. It's totally the theme at my house. One of my roosters on top of the buffet when I first put it up scared my daughter as she came down stairs she saw it and stopped and gasped. "Oh my gosh, I thought that was Roo Roo she said"....one of our roosters, it looks so real! Real feathers and fluff.
    It's a great time to decorate with chicken decor because it's so easy to find right now. They are all so stylish even to people who don't have their own flock. Who knew! Once people see I have real ones too, they think I'm nuts. Oh well,,I think they are nuts for not having any! LOL Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by