Rooster Wanted

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Stevo, May 10, 2011.

1. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    I am in Howell NJ. If anyone needs to rehome a Roo I need one. Fox killed mine. I have EE's.

2. heather112588

heather112588 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Are you looking specifically for an EE roo? and what age- fully grown to step into the flock or a bit younger to get them used to you?

3. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    I wish you were closer, I have a few roosters to get rid of.

4. Stevo

Stevo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Howell, NJ
    It doesn't really matter age or breed. My girls have no roo and they seem sad. Just need a replacement. Mine was a real gentleman. He would find a worm, pick it up, then make a funny cluck and the hens would run to him and he would give it to them. He died trying to protect them from a fox. I could get some straight run from Agway but thought maybe someone here needed to rehome one.

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    I have a lavander ameracauna but He's kind of mean and not a gentlemen like your old roster.
    but if you want him you can have him

6. Nigellas

Nigellas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2008
    Ann Arbor, MI
    If you feel like coming to Michigan, I have an EE and 2 light Brahama cockrels you can have for free. [​IMG]

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Sure wish you lived by Ga. I have 6 I need to get rid of. Good luck

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Why not post in the section "Where am I? Where are you?" here on BYC under your state?

9. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm hatching out some Wheaten Americanas and just hatched out a BO and 2 olive eggers - also hatching out some Norwegian Jaerhons... a smallish bird compared to BOs, but supposed to be very friendly - linen white egg layers and they are sexable at hatch. I'll connect when I know or talk to others in my area... and if you don't have a roo in a couple of weeks I'll let you know. I'm over the border in NY and in NJ all the time.

10. buzzard chick

buzzard chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Toms River, NJ
    I am in toms river. I have a 4 week old mille cochin cockerel and I will be hatching in the next few weeks some standard breeds. let me know if you are interested in anything.
    Jen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by