Rooster Wine

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by CoopDelisle, Apr 26, 2008.

1. CoopDelisle

CoopDelisle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    My DH and I are wine lovers. Basically novices when it comes down to it, but we have learned a thing or to. We are mostly drawn to red wine, but like to know about any others that are nice too, especially since we sometimes have guests that prefer whites. I would like to hear about any wines that any of you really enjoy, especially ones that can be popped open for guests without breaking the budget. We actually found one that I picked just because I liked the label, and we ended up liking the wine so much we bought a case. I like the merlot personally, but they also have a Cab that is nice. Please let me know what you have found that you like, especially if it is a good price--thanks! Here is the wine that I would recommend:

[​IMG]

2. CoopDelisle

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    am i the only imbiber here?...:|

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, no, I daresay you are not the only imbiber. I don't drink because I hate the taste of wine, beer, you name it, BUT I do cook with real wine.
    I like the label, does that count? [​IMG]

4. CoopDelisle

Feb 26, 2008
    Gulf Coast
    Hehe, it counts with me! That is why I picked it, but it was just fortunate for us it was tasty to boot![​IMG]

5. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Stevenot Winery in Cali used to make a wonderful Shaw Ranch Chardonnay, not available anymore, but they have some great whites, dry, with nice flavor and affordable.

6. Cassandra

Cassandra Ranger Rick

Oct 27, 2007
    Southwest Mississippi
    I don't drink wine, either. (don't like the taste) But I like the bottle!

My bosses wife brought me back a big bottle of vanilla extract from mexico that has a red rooster on the label. My husband thought that was funny. But the vanilla is great!

Cassandra

7. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    You are most certainly not the only one! My personal favorite for any time is Le Faux Frog, which is Toad Hollow's import brand. They do a lovely Syrah for about $10/bottle, not too much tannin, very herby and fruity, just a bit dry. Goes well with everything.

I don't recommend their wine-in-a-box, though. I have never had a good experience with any wine-in-a-box whatsoever, it's always been uniformly horrible and the hangover from just one regular size glass was enough to make me swear it off forever.

8. tvtaber

tvtaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Central CA
    I love wine! I just never think to keep track of what i like and don't like, so every bottle is a surprise! I'd love some recommendations, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by